- Table of content
- National identification card
- National identification number
- Enrollment process
The National Identity Management Commission board (NIMC) wishes to inform the general public including those outside or within the country.
The board had earlier commenced the registration and has used this medium in reaching out to those who are yet to attain the national identity number.
The board stressed on the need of all citizens to attain the the identical number as most of the activities been carried out in the country would make good use of it.
Applicatants are to visit any both within and outside the country can now submit enroll in the registration exercise by visiting any national identity number center closer to him/her.
How to register for national identitification number
National identitification number is a 11 digit non identical number given to a person after passing the enrollment exercise.
Once an individual as gone through the enrollment exercise successfully a 11 digit identification number is been given to that participant.
This 11 digit code can not be given to any other person after been issued out to an individual.
This identification number I necessary for all citizen to acquire as it will be required for most of the activities now that will be carried out.
NIN Enrolment consists of the recording of an individual’s demographic data and capture of the ten (10) fingerprints, head-to-shoulder facial picture and digital signature, which are all used to cross-check existing data in the National Identity Database to confirm that there is no previous entry of the same data.
It is very important that you apply on the NIMC Pre Enrolment Portal and follow the process as defined for applying for National Identification Number.
Please note that applicants in requirement of assistance with Enrolment Form have an option to visit the Enrolment Centre where they will be assisted by a Support Officer in correctly filling the Enrolment Form with the required information.
Applicants are to visit any national identiification center close to them to enroll in the registration exercise.
It is important to note that there are some things that would be required of you for this enrollment.
In the course of registration the following documents will be required of you.
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration document
- Candidates are to login the registration portal through this link below.
- Candidates are to fill the form presented online correctly to avoid mistakes.
- Candidates are to print out a copy of their enrollment slip..
- Take your registration slip to any national identification center.
- There a staff will take the slip and check if it is valid.
- You will be directed to a place where your biometrics will be taken(with your ten fingers).
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
Internally displayed person or disabled individuals should be assisted with the enrollment exercise.
Children can be accompanied by their parents
Minor applicants should only bring original and valid birth certificate and NIN slip of one of the Nigerian Parent / Guardian.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
The normal time frame for issuance of National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is 2 to 3 working days from the time the biometric details are captured at enrolment centers.
The issuance of NIN may take longer in certain cases due to validation of details at NIMC. VFS has no role to play to expedite for such cases.
The Transaction ID Slip is required to be stored carefully by applicant as it is required to be presented at the time of collection of NIN Slip indicating completion of enrolment